Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dinner with the Directress

Anybody who knows me, knows I am in LOVE with Campbell Montessori School.  So much so that the decision of where we bought our house was based primarily on how close it was to the girl's school!  This year they have started a Dinner with the Directress (Montessori term for teacher) where you go into the classroom and watch your child do work they have learned and do each day.  Cecelia's room had their day today and I was floored once again at how amazing the school really is. 

I watched another little girl who just turned 3 and started this year.  She had beautiful curls just like my Cecelia and she was doing the graduated cylinders, the first task Cecelia ever did in the montessori room.  I actually started to cry.  In 4 years Cecelia has turned from that innocent 2 1/2 year old toddler with a loving smile to an amazing 6 year old!  She used to wear a locket with our pictures in it her first year so she could keep us with her all day.  Now she walks into the room with confidence.  Her concentration and focus were so apparent when her tongue was hanging our.  Her pride show through at the completion of each task from the multiplication table to the decanomial cube.  Her love and commitment for her friends was so deep.  I am saddened the 4 years in Mrs. Jordan's room have flown by so quickly, but I am thrilled to see where the next 8 will take us in our journey with Campbell leading the way.  Thank you Campbell Montessori School!

No comments:

Post a Comment