Wednesday, March 17, 2010

This is for you Dad

For those of you that knew my dad St. Patrick's Day was his FAVORITE holiday.  He was a 6' 4" leprechaun with ears, suspenders, and more.  He served green food, green beer, even dyed the toilet water green a time or two.  He took a trip to Ireland and swore he was going to move there in retirement.  When he passed away it was December and he was cremated.  We decided to do a burial for him on St. Patrick's Day that Spring.  I now consider St. Patrick's Day a remembrance day in his honor.

My cycle break is 2-3 weeks in March every year.  That means I am off school on St. Patrick's Day. This also means the girls get to play hooky with me and go to the Dog Town Parade.  This year we dyed our hair green!  We also ate green eggs and ham with green pudding for breakfast.  We had shamrock shaped sandwiches with green applesauce and green popcorn.  We drank green juice and had green ravioli, corned beef and cabbage for dinner.  We even made green cupcakes for dessert complete with candy pots of gold and shamrocks.  In all I think we would have made my dad proud!  Next year Bob will have to brew some Irish Red and dye it green :)!
Green Eggs and Ham.  We are making leprechaun ears!


Sylvia was so tired she fell asleep in the stroller.
Cheers Grampy!


No comments:

Post a Comment