Friday, June 18, 2010

Proud of my "weird" kids

St. Charles has some great programs at the library for their summer reading program.  The kids loved this one with a Ventriloquist.  I thought the show was just ok.  First thing I didn't like was that they had one of the puppets put a bag over his head.  YIKES!  An audience full of preschoolers and early elementary may not be the best for that move.  Then he kept having kids sing the theme songs to TV shows my kids did not know like Sponge Bob Square Pants.  Mine were the only ones not singing, and I have to admit I am proud of that!  The puppets also kept arguing with the ventriloquist and flirting with the parents and the older kids there (middle school age).  Um, weird.... 

That being said, the kids thought it was funny and tried to talk like him for the rest of the day.  Cecelia could be understood, but Lydia just puffed out her cheeks and sounded like she was humming.  It was cute for about the first 30 minutes them a "your lips have to move when you talk" rule had to be put in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment