Friday, May 14, 2010

2 nights

OK so maybe I am trying to relive my youth, but I actually went out TWO nights in a row. I know what you are saying, thins must be Bob writing, Emily doesn't stay up past 10! But really it was me and I love living so close to friends. I realize now that was a missing link in our old neighborhood. We lived there for 8 years and never made any friends. Shoot, we barely knew our neighbors, though not for lack of trying. I was a block captain, Bob was on St. Margret's housing, we hosted BBQs and happy hours, I even did special education work for City Garden, but we never found any friends.

In our new house we have so many friends in such a close proximity. Last night a group of the girls were out at the wine bar in New Town. At 8:30 they said to come on out. By 8:35 I was there :). It was a nice night to get away for a couple of hours and today I am more relaxed after 2 nights of fun! I think I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment