Thursday, May 20, 2010

Murphy's Law #238910

Yesterday I took a half day in the afternoon for Lydia's birthday.  I had one day remaining and I said to Bob, "What are the chances one gets sick in the next week and a half?"  Well, I jinxed myself.  Today Cecelia has strep throat and I had to take a 1/2 day dock.  Oh well....

Honestly thought it was a great day.  Once Cecelia had meds in her and a rest she was feeling better.  She decided she wanted to make a present for Lydia for her party on Saturday, instead of buy one.  In her words, "I want to make a lady bug pillow that is this big (insert large hand motions)!"  We picked out sparkly red fabric and made  a pattern.  I taught her what a compass was and how to make one out of string and a marker to make the circle.  She cut, pinned, and sewed most of it with little guidance.  She then stuffed it with 3 bags of stuffing.  Lydia's eyes will light up when she sees it Saturday!


Oh and after school when we picked up her sisters we got to see Miss Wright's class!   She just found out she will be in Ms. Wright's class next year (and for the next 3 years since that is how Montessori works! When I told her Kathryn was going to be in the same room I thought she was going to faint! Tuesday she was able to visit the Elementary room I remember looking at the elementary kids when Cecelia started 4 years ago and thinking that they were so BIG. Now Cecelia is one of the big kids. She is nervous, but excited!  Cecelia will be in the same class as her friends Will, Kathryn, Miranda, Nathanial, Shaylah, Talia, and Cody!  Kateri is already there and Adelheide is coming back next year.  Cecelia is PUMPED!

No comments:

Post a Comment