Thursday, May 13, 2010

Proof I am old!

Last night we went with some wonderful friends, the Goodwins to The Old Rock House downtown.  They had a concert with Split Lip Rayfield http://www.splitliprayfield.com/ (my fave) and Revered Horton Heat http://www.reverendhortonheat.com/ (the Goodwin's fave).  While the concert was a great b-day gift to Bob (I didn't even have to go shopping), an amazing time with friends and an opportunity to get some swing dancing in, the night also showed my true age!
1.  When they carded me I had to pull out the Shop n Save & Home Depot Gift cards to get to my ID.
2.  After 2 beers I just couldn't drink a third.
3.  I had heart burn from nachos because we ate after 6.
4.  I couldn't make it to the end of the concert without yawning.
5.  The bass was almost too much for me, thought outside we were good.
6.  I fell asleep at home before Bob even got his PJs on.
7.  I have had 5 glasses of coffee today and I am still not awake.  Proof- I put the coffee pot of water in the microwave instead of on the coffee maker.  I'm not sure I should be allowed to teach children today!

Happy Birthday Bobby Jim, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment